Trying to get the hang of loading exported ASE models from blender.
I've modeled a simple light switch, assigned a basic material, and uv unwrapped it. I created a raw tga file and just painted random colors in the uv view. I then used the ASE exporter found at http://code.google.com/p/ase-export-vmc/
. I'm using blender 2.63 on linux. No errors or warnings on the export.
My layout looks like:
| `-- guidoor.map
| `-- mine.mtr
| `-- light_switch.ase
I've replaced the *BITMAP line in light_switch.ase with:
My MTR file:
The normal map is just a 128x128 TGA set to 128, 128, 255.
The specular is just a 128x128 TGA set to 0, 0, 0.
The model loads fine in darkradiant (1.7.2 x64). When I compile the map I get no errors and it says:
loaded collision model models/light_switch.ase
But, I don't see the model when the map loads.