I found out today, after being a customer for over 10 years with them, that my bank is not only supporting warlords but also the following:
- Overfishing of the seas
That's something called... "tragedy of the commons." Your bank has little control over that.
- Companies denying that there is climate change
Climate change is real and debatable.
- Companies that have very bad employee rights (e.g. Chinese children working 70 hrs for 10 dollars)
I don't like it either, but it's either the children work or they starve when they ban child labor. Or they go into the sex trade.
- Weapons deals with 'rebels' in a diverse set of countries, highly questionable, without any transparency
Does your bank support NATO by chance?
- Companies that do little for employee security
- Companies that do nothing for animal welfare
There are a million things we should all donate to, do we have to though?
- Have an extremely questionable bonus policy.
Like Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Bear Stearns, City Group type?
To be honest I found an even greater offender. Can you guess?